Chinese Chicken And Broccoli
- 1 large Head of Broccoli cut into florets
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 boneless chicken thighs skinless
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and finely chopped
- 3 green/spring onions trimmed and sliced
- 1 inch piece of ginger peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons light soy sauce (extra to taste)
- 6 Tablespoons honey approximately
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- Steam or sauté the broccoli to the softness just a bit firmer than you prefer & set aside.
- Heat a wok over a high heat and add a bit of oil. Add the chicken and brown on all sides to seal the meat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Fry the garlic spring onion and ginger for 30 seconds in the hot wok adding a little more oil if necessary tossing now and then.
- Put the chicken back in the wok. Add the soy sauce hoisin sauce and the hot water and bring to a boil. Drizzle with some of the honey cover and simmer turning & drizzling with honey now and again for 7-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce reduced.
- Add the broccoli and toss with the sauce until cooked through
This article and recipe adapted from this site