DESCRIPTIONChocolate Chickpea Brownies are a healthy alternative to regular brownies and are fudgy chocolatey and easy to make. They are made gluten free dairy free and vegan. INGREDIENTS
- 1 – 15oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I like almond or peanut)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips and more for sprinkling on top!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a food processor blend chickpeas nut butter maple syrup coconut oil and vanilla
- Once blended add in almond flour cocoa powder baking soda baking powder and salt.
- Continue to process scraping down sides as necessary until smooth.
- Once creamy and smooth take off lid (I also remove blade) and stir in chocolate chips.
- Do not process the chips.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips if desired. ** see note for extra thickness
- Bake for 21-23 minutes.
NOTESI’ve also baked them in a loaf pan for extra thick brownies. This took about 30-35 minutes to bake but they were really good this way!This article and recipe adapted from this site