Chicken Lo Mein
- 10 ounces Chinese egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup lite soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup onion slices
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.
- Cook the egg noodles one minute shy of the directions.
- Drain and toss with sesame oil in a bowl to coat.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Remove from the pan and add in the red bell peppers ginger and garlic and cook them for 1-2 minutes stirring frequently until just softened.
- Add in the water soy sauce cornstarch vegetable oil and oyster sauce into the skillet.
- Add in the carrot onion and cabbage and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding back in the chicken and egg noodles.
- Add in the bean sprouts toss all the ingredients together well and serve.
Base Recipe adapted from this SITE