Chicken Alfredo Pizza
INGREDIENTSTo Make Alfredo Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
For Pizza Assembly
- 1lb pizza dough
- 1 large (or 2 small) boneless skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded (about 1 ½ cups)
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh basil if desired
- Set a pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven and preheat the oven to 450°.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds stirring constantly. Add cream cheese; cook 1 minute until mixture is smooth stirring constantly with a whisk. Gradually add milk and cook 3 minutes or until thick and bubbly stirring constantly. Add Parmesan cheese stirring until cheese melts and sauce reaches desired consistency about 2 minutes. Add in a pinch of freshly grated nutmeg and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stretch the pizza dough to a 12-inch round and transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel or parchment paper.
- Spread alfredo sauce over the pizza dough leaving a half inch border around the edge. Top with chicken mozzarella cheese and Parmesan. Slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake for 12-15 minutes until the bottom is crisp and the cheese is bubbling.
- Let pizza cool for 5 minutes sprinkle with chopped basil. Slice and serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site