Chewy Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine cocoa powder flour baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the eggs one at a time and mix on medium-low speed just until combined – about 10 seconds each.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for at least 1 hour or up to overnight (the longer you chill the thicker the cookies will be).
- When ready to bake preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and cover them well with the sugar.
- Place on a lined baking sheet with enough space between them (bake in batches) and bake for 10-15 minutes or until spread and crackled. Cookies will still be soft so let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make larger cookies use 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie. They will bake in 12-15 minutes.
- To make smaller cookies use 1 generous tablespoon of dough per cookie. They will bake in around 10 minutes.
- The exact baking times will depend on your oven and how hot it runs so remember to check on your cookies frequently. Don t overbake or they will be hard – they ll be soft like pudding when you take them out of the oven but they ll firm up as they cool!
This article and recipe adapted from this site