Caprese Chicken Recipe
ou won t believe how easily and quickly this simple Caprese Chicken comes together. I ve cooked this on my grill and grill pan with equally good results (although I m always partial to using our kettle grill in the summer!). This chicken is very impressive for a dinner party or gathering and doubles easily – see the recipe notes for my doubling hack if you re limited to using just a grill pan. Recommended Equipment
- Rolling Pin
- Instant Read Thermometer
- Grill pan
- Parchment Paper
- 4 5-7 oz chicken breasts pounded to even thickness
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 tsp sea or kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella sliced into 8 even pieces
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes sliced into 1/2 slices
- fresh basil to taste
- aged balsamic or balsamic glaze to taste
- Prepare the chicken. Place one chicken breast onto a sheet of parchment paper. Fold the paper over the chicken. Using a rolling pin pound the chicken breast to even thickness of a little less than 1 . Set aside and repeat with the remaining chicken breasts.
- Combine the italian seasoning sea salt garlic powder onion powder and pepper in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Brush the chicken with olive oil then sprinkle with the seasoning blend. Flip the chicken oven then oil and season the other side.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Place the chicken breasts onto the grill and cook 5-6 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 155°F using an instant read thermometer (the chicken will come to proper temperature in the next step).
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices fresh mozzarella. Continue grilling 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the internal temperature reads 165°F.
Full Recipes >> NEXT