- 3-4 chicken breasts about 2 lbs
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 cloves fresh chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 oz shredded mozzarella cheese about 1 cup
- Garnish (optional)
- Fresh chopped basil
- Balsamic Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 375?F
- Chop the roma tomatoes into small 1/4 pieces. Chop basil and garlic. In a large bowl toss the tomatoes basil and garlic with the vinegar and half of the salt and pepper.
- Lay the chicken breasts flat in the bottom of a large baking dish and season with the remaining salt and pepper. Pour the tomato mixture over the top of the chicken and then use a spatula to spread it evenly over the chicken. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on the middle oven rack for 35-45 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165?F.
- Top with fresh chopped basil and balsamic glaze to garnish. Serve hot and Enjoy!
- This recipe is full of fresh flavors and simple to make. Although I do not recommend freezing this before cooking you can save time by prepping the tomato mixture the night before or buying pre-diced tomatoes which are available in many grocery stores in the refrigerated produce section.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Gluten Free- This recipe is naturally gluten free
- Dairy Free- This recipe can be prepared dairy free by omitting the cheese
- Whole30- This recipe can be made Whole30 by omitting the cheese and balsamic glaze.
- Weight Watchers Freestyle- 2 SmartPoints
Base Recipe adapted from site