Best Recipes Slow Cooker Bourbon Baby Back Ribs
- Bar-bie sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup bourbon (or to taste)
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic paste (or two cloves crushed)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper (or a few shakes)
- 3 pounds baby back ribs (trimmed and cut in half)
- slow cooker
- glass bowl
- In a Mixing Bowl
- Add ketchup bourbon maple syrup apple cider vinegar Worcestershire sauce garlic onion powder soy and pepper
- Mix with a whisk until incorporated
- In a slow cooker add the ribs
- Pour bar-b-que sauce on top of ribs and make sure you cover both sides. The ribs will overlap so make sure there is sauce where they touch
- Cover slow cooker and set to high and cook for 4 hours
- After 2 hours open the lid and ladle the sauce over the ribs basting them.
- Plate ribs with a potato and salad
- Pour whatever bar-b-que sauce is left in the slow cooker in a serving bowl
- Pour some sauce on ribs
- This recipe gives you a good amount of sauce!
- Sometimes baby back ribs are also known as loin ribs. You can use either.
- You can cook these ribs in your slow cooker either on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. I find they come out exactly the same. I prefer getting the ribs done quicker so I can eat them sooner.
- Cut the ribs in half so they fit in the slow cooker better.
- Make sure to cover both sides of the ribs with the bourbon sauce especially since they will have to overlap a little.
This article and recipe adapted from this site