Best Recipes Jello Divinity
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 cups Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) any flavor Jello gelatin
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place egg white in the bowl of a stand mixer and let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile line three 15x10x1-in. baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan combine the sugar water and corn syrup Stir. Bring the mixture to a boil. Continue to cook over medium heat without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 250°F (hard-ball stage).
- Shortly before the temperature is reached beat egg whites until they are foamy. Gradually beat in the Jello gelatin and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. With the mixer running at high speed carefully pour the hot syrup in a slow steady stream into the bowl. Beat just until the candy loses its gloss and it holds its shape about 5-7 minutes. Immediately mix in the walnuts.
- Working quickly drop the mixture by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared pans. Let the candy stand at room temperature overnight or until it is dry to the touch.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
RECIPE NOTESIt is recommended to test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil. The thermometer should read 212°F. Adjust the recipe temperature up or down based on your test.This article and recipe adapted from this site