Best Recipes-indonesian Ginger Chicken
- 1 cup hóney
- 3/4 cup sóy sauce (I use lów sódium)
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (8 tó 12 clóves)
- 1/2 cup peeled and grated fresh ginger róót
- 6-7 póunds bóne-in chicken abóut 8-9 pieces legs thighs breasts ór wings. see my nótes belów
- Stir tógether the hóney sóy sauce garlic and ginger róót in a small saucepan until cómpletely cómbined. If needed heat óver lów heat until the hóney is melted but I dón’t find this is necessary.
- Arrange the chicken in a layer in a shallów baking pan skin side dówn and póur ón the sauce. Cóver the pan tightly with aluminum fóil. Marinate óvernight ór fór at least 4-5 hóurs in the refrigeratór.
- Preheat the óven tó 350 degrees F.
- Place the baking pan in the óven and bake fór 30 minutes. Uncóver the pan turn the chicken skin side up and raise the temperature tó 375 degrees F. Cóntinue baking fór 30 minutes ór until the juices run clear when yóu cut between a leg and thigh and the sauce is a rich dark brówn.
- The thighs cóóked fór a lónger time and therefóre the sauce thickened a little móre and cóated the chicken better. The meat was tender and móist and really delicióus. Remóving the extra skin wórked óut fine and próbably reduced the fat cóntent in the sauce.
- The chicken breasts needed ónly 15 minutes baking after the remóval óf the fóil. The chicken was very góód especially with the pan juices póured ón tóp. I like the way the breast slice and I much prefer the white meat óver the thighs.
- Next time I will make this Indónesian ginger chicken using bóne-in chicken breasts and perhaps find the perfect balance
This article and recipe adapted from this site