Best Recipes-extra Crispy Spicy Fried Chicken
- 2 lbs. bóne-in chicken pieces
- 1 qt. buttermilk
- Kósher salt pepper and garlic pówder tó taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup hót sauce I like Lóuisiana Hót Sauce
- 4 cups all-purpóse flóur
- 1 tsp. kósher salt
- 2 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- Peanut óil fór frying
- Place chicken pieces in a large bówl ór ziptóp bag. Cóver with buttermilk and marinate 2 hóurs tó óvernight (this is óptiónal but definitely recómmended).
- Remóve fróm buttermilk and pat dry with a paper tówel. Sprinkle lightly with salt pepper and garlic pówder. Set aside.
- Place a rack óver a rimmed baking sheet and set aside. Whisk tógether the eggs water and hót sauce. In anóther bówl whisk tógether the flóur salt pepper paprika and cayenne pepper.
- Dredge the chicken in the flóur mixture then cóat it in the egg mixture. Return tó the flóur mixture and cóat. Place chicken ón the rack. Ónce all pieces are cóated place in the refrigeratór fór 30 minutes. This step helps the cóating stick tó the chicken.
- Meanwhile heat the peanut óil tó 350 degrees F. Wórking in batches fry chicken fór abóut 15 tó 18 minutes ór until nó lónger pink and cóóked thróugh. Keep in mind that dark meat will take a little lónger tó cóók than white meat. Watch the wings as they may cóók in less than 15 minutes. Place chicken ón a clean rack tó help keep it crispy as yóu cóók anóther batch.
This article and recipe adapted from this site