Best Recipe Creamy Peri Peri Chicken
IngredientsPeri Peri Marinade:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicier)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts (I used skinless and boneless)
- Salt and pepper to taste (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups bell peppers chopped (I used red yellow and green)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Fresh parsley chopped to garnish (optional)
- Make the peri-peri marinade: place all the ingredients in the bowl or small jar and mix until well combined.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste if desired. Note: I didn t add any extra salt or pepper because the marinade has plenty of flavors.
- Place the chicken in a large container or sealable plastic bag. Add the peri-peri marinade and move the chicken around until well coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for 30 minutes at least or overnight. Reserve marinade.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and oil. Place chicken in the skillet and cook thoroughly until it reaches 165°F and nice golden color. Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet sauté the peppers for 2 – 3 minutes over medium-high heat. Add reserved marinade and bring to boil; cook for 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add heavy cream. Mix until well combined. Return chicken and any juices to skillet; bring to boil. Coat the chicken with the sauce. Simmer uncovered until the chicken is heated about 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site