Best Recipe Cheesesteak Sandwiches
- 1 pound of thinly sliced ribeye steak (For easy slicing: freeze steak for 30 minutes then slice it)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium green pepper sliced into strips
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into strips
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 sub rolls sliced in half (but not all the way through)
- (Try using my French Bread Roll recipe for the subs. Recipe below this card)
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place the sliced sub rolls on pieces of aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet melt butter then saute onions and green peppers for 5 to 10 minutes until softened. Place on a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet cook the sliced steak over medium-high heat breaking it into smaller pieces until cooked through and no longer pink. Add the onions and peppers back into the skillet and toss together. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the cheesesteaks: open one sub roll and add in one quarter of the meat filling then top with some provolone cheese. Repeat with all sub rolls.
- Tightly wrap each sub in aluminum foil then place directly on the oven rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from oven (they will be hot!) and remove foil. Serve and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site