Best Peach Cobbler
- 5–6 large fresh yellow peaches sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar (optional but really nice)
- whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Smear the bottom of 9×13 pan with a little bit of butter. Add peaches and sugar and mix directly in the pan.
- Mix the butter sugar vanilla flour baking powder and salt until a cookie-dough-like batter forms.
- Place scoops of the mixture over the top of the peaches. Spread with a spoon or with your fingers – no need for perfection here.
- Bake for 30 minutes. At this point it should be juicy and bubbly around the sides – if not see notes.
- Sprinkle the top with turbinado sugar. Bake another 10 minutes and then finish with a few minutes under the broiler (475-ish) for a few minutes to get it golden brown and slightly crunchy on top.
- To get a thick saucy peach base let it stand for 20-30 minutes before serving with some vanilla ice cream. But good luck with that. ????
This article and recipe adapted from this site