- 1/2 cup chicken broth low sodium or no sodium added
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium
- 1 lb breast boneless and skinless chicken thighs can be used as well
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 6 red chilies dried
- 3 green onions sliced
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Make sauce: Whisk all the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare the chicken: Toss the chicken with the cornstarch ensuring each chicken pieces is covered in cornstarch.
- Fry the chicken: Heat the vegetable oil in a pan or wok. Fry the chicken pieces in batches until they are completely cooked through and slightly brown and crispy.
- Finish the dish: Drain the oil from the wok leaving 1 tbsp in the wok if necessary. Add garlic ginger red chiles to the wok and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the prepared sauce and bring to a simmer stirring constantly until the brown sugar has dissolved completely. If you find the sauce is too thick add a bit more chicken broth or water. Add in the chicken and green onions then toss everything together for 15 seconds.
- Serve over rice or noodles.
This article and recipe adapted from this site