Best Instant Pot Orange Chicken Ever
- 1 lb. chicken breasts cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil toasted
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- ½ tsp. ginger crushed
- ¾ cup orange juice fresh
- 1 Tbsp. orange zest
- 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos*
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup**
- 1-2 tsp. chili garlic paste depending on desired spice level
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- Cauliflower rice
- In a one gallon-sized zip-top bag combine chicken cubes tapioca starch salt and pepper. Toss to coat chicken completely.
- Add oils garlic and ginger to the Instant Pot while it is set to the Saute function. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken cubes and saute for another 2-3 minutes. After sauteeing scrape the bottom of the pot to ensure any bits are no longer stuck.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine orange juice zest coconut aminos or soy sauce maple syrup and chili garlic paste. Whisk to combine.
- Pour sauce over chicken in Instant Pot. Be sure to lift chicken off the bottom of the pan so it does not burn.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and close pressure valve. Set Instant Pot to High Pressure Cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the chicken has cooked for five minutes keep the lid on and the valve closed for an additional 10 minutes. (This is called a 10 minute natural pressure release or NPR.)
- Turn the Instant Pot off and open the pressure valve. Once the lid has unlocked you can serve your orange chicken over cauliflower rice with sesame seeds and green onions.
This article and recipe adapted from this site