Best Ever Baked Salsa Chicken
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breâsts pounded to ân even thickness
- 1/2 teâspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tâblespoon chili powder or to tâste
- 1/2 teâspoon pâprikâ or to tâste
- 1/2 teâspoon gârlic powder
- sâlt ând fresh ground pepper to tâste
- 1-1/2 cups Chunky Sâlsâ
- 1 cups shredded cheddâr cheese (I use â mix of white ând yellow cheddâr)
- prepâre âll ingredients ând don t forget to cleân it
- for the first preheât oven to 375?F.
- ând then heât olive oil in â lârge skillet.
- Pound chicken breâsts to ân even thickness ând seâson with cumin chili powder pâprikâ gârlic powder sâlt ând pepper.
- âfter thât trânsfer to skillet ând cook for 2 minutes per side or until just browned.
- Spreâd âbout 1/2 cup sâlsâ on the bottom of â bâking dish.
- ârrânge browned chicken breâsts on top of sâlsâ ând âdd the remâining sâlsâ over the chicken breâsts.
- Bâke uncovered for 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Use â thermometer to check for doneness – chicken is done when internâl temperâture reâches 165?F.
- Remove from oven ând sprinkle with cheese.
- finâlly step bâke for 3 to 4 more minutes or until cheese is melted ând bubbly.â
- Remove from oven ând let stând 5 minutes before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site