Best Creamy Coconut Lime Chicken
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 (13.6 oz.) can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until golden brown and mostly cooked through. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion bell pepper and garlic to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- In a small bowl whisk together the chicken stock and cornstarch. Add to the skillet along with the red chili flakes and turmeric. Bring to a simmer stirring occasionally until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer for another 3-5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and cream then return the chicken to the pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until chicken is completely cooked through. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site