Best Cranberry Bliss Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Craisins
Frosting and Topping:
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Craisins roughly chopped
- 2 squares baking chocolate or almond bark melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 15×10 or 13×9 inch jelly roll pan or rimmed cookie sheet with parchment paper. *see notes
- Beat together melted butter and brown sugar over medium speed with an electric mixer. Add in eggs 1 tsp orange extract and 1 tsp vanilla extract and beat until mixed well. Add in ground ginger baking powder salt and flour beating until just blended. Don t overmix.
- Stir in white chocolate chips and Craisins by hand. Spread evenly into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 18-22 minutes until set and golden brown at the edges. Don t overbake or bars will be hard. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool. Allow bars to cool completely before topping with frosting.
- To make the frosting beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add 1/2 tsp orange extract and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and mix well. Top cooled bars with frosting. Sprinkle with chopped Craisins and drizzle white chocolate over the top with a fork. I dip my fork into the chocolate then shake it gently over the top of the bars to create little streaks. You can either slice right away and enjoy or place the bars in the refrigerator for about an hour (what I like to do) to help them set up before cutting. Cut into triangles and enjoy!
This article and recipe adapted from this site