Best Chicken Teriyaki Chow Mein
Ingredientsfor 6 servings
- 1 lb chicken breast cubed (455 g)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce divided (120 mL)
- 4 tablespoons cooking oil divided
- 6 oz chow mein noodle hong kong style pan fried noodles par cooked according to package instructions (180 g)
- ¾ cup onion sliced (11520 g)
- ½ cup carrot julienned (60 g)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (150 g)
- 1 cup cabbage (100 g)
- sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium bowl season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper. Add ¼ cup (of 60 ml) teriyaki sauce and mix until the chicken is well-coated. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- In a wok or deep skillet over medium-high heat heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil then add the par-cooked noodles. Cook for 1-2 minutes allowing the noodles to crisp then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- In the same wok heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil then add the chicken. Cook for 3-4 minutes until browned on one side then stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes until fully cooked through. Set the chicken aside.
- In the same wok add 1 tablespoon of oil the onion and carrot. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the onions are translucent. Add the broccoli and cabbage. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes then season with salt and pepper and cook for 3 minutes more until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cooked chicken and crispy noodles back to the wok along with the remaining ¼ cup (60 ml) teriyaki sauce. Toss well and cook for 2-3 minutes until everything is well-combined. Garnish with sesame seeds.
This article and recipe adapted from this site