Best Chicken Salad
- 4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in skin-on thighs and breasts work well) (You ll need about 4 cups)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved (red and green varieties are great)
- 1 cup almonds thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 3 scallions thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Kosher salt (start with 1/2 teaspoon then add more to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Rub the olive oil all over the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165°F using an instant-read thermometer.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let cool. Remove the skin then pull the meat from the bones and roughly chop.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken grapes almonds celery scallions dll & parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl mix together the mayonnaise lemon mustard salt and pepper.
- Add the mayo/mustard mixture to the chicken mixture and gently stir until well mixed.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with sliced tomatoes and avocado. Or serve on bread with green leaf lettuce. Add more toppings to your taste!
This article and recipe adapted from this site