Best Chicken And Rice Burrito Bowls
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot turn on sauté setting and heat until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and cook stirring occasionally until softened about 4 minutes. Stir in the chili powder and cumin and cook until fragrant about 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth and cook gently scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any stuck-on bits and simmer for 1 minute.
- Season the chicken all over with the salt and pepper. Add the chicken beans corn salsa and stir to combine. Sprinkle the rice over the top. Pour the remaining 3/4 cup broth over the rice but do not stir. Using the manual setting set the pressure to HIGH for 10 minutes. Close and lock the lid. It should take the pressure cooker about 10 to 12 minutes to come to pressure and begin the 10 minute countdown. When the cooking time is complete do a quick release of the pressure.
- Gently stir everything together. Divide between bowls and top with the cheese and cilantro.
This article and recipe adapted from this site