Apple Rose Cookie Cups
- Apple Roses
- 2 red apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- Cookie Dough
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk from a large egg
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- ? cup mini chocolate chips
- powdered sugar for serving optional
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and mix.
- Add the flour and salt and mix until well combined and then stir in the mini chocolate chips. Put the bowl in the refrigerator to chill.
- Place the apples on a work surface. Using a sharp paring knife halve them and remove cores and seeds. Then lie flat and cut into 1/8-inch thick slices.
- In a large microwaveable bowl add apple slices and lemon juice and mix well.
- In a small bowl mix brown sugar and melted butter together. Then add to the apple slices stirring to coat.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes or until the apple slices are pliable. Strain out any accumulated liquid.
- Arrange 4-5 apple slices in a row with an inch of overlap on each. Starting with one end gently roll the slices together to make a rose. Repeat for 23 more roses.
- Place about 1 tbsp of cookie dough into each muffin cup pressing down halfway in the middle with a melon baller or your thumb.
- Then place a rose into the center of each cookie.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes or until cookie cups are golden.
- Let cool at room temperature in the muffin tin (Note: be sure to let these cool completely). Dust with powdered sugar serve and enjoy!
- -For better results it’s better to use homemade cookie dough instead of store-bought for this recipe.
This article and recipe adapted from this site