Amazing White Chicken Chili
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 (4.5 oz.) cans green chilies
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into thirds
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 c. frozen corn
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1/4 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/4 c. crushed tortilla chips
- In a large pot over medium heat heat oil. Add onion and jalapeño and cook until soft about 5 minutes. Add garlic oregano and cumin and cook until fragrant 1 minute. Add green chilis chicken and broth and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer covered 10 to 12 minutes until chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. Return to pot and add white beans and corn. Bring to a simmer and let cook 10 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Ladle chili into bowls and garnish with cilantro cheese and chips before serving.
This article and recipe adapted from this site