Amazing Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
IngredientsFor Oreo Crust:
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter-melted
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Filling:
- 32 oz. cream cheese- softened
- 1 and 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cups miniature chocolate chips
For Milk Chocolate Ganache:
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips or 9.5 oz. milk chocolate-finely chopped
- Chopped Reese’s cups
- Crushed roasted peanuts
InstructionsFirst coath 9 inch springform pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper. Wrap pan with two layers of aluminum foil and bring the foil up the sides of the pan and make sure it is tight and secure so no water gets in during the baking in water bath!!!!To make the crust:
- In a food processor finely ground whole Oreo cookies with the filling to get fine crumbs. Combine the crumbs with melted butter and stir until evenly moistened.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of springform pan and set in the fridge to firm while making the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat softened cream cheese with sugar until smooth.
- Mix in peanut butter heavy cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each addition just to combine do not over mix it.
- Stir in chocolate chips and spread the mixture over chilled crust. Smooth the top and place the springform pan in a roasting pan. Pour hot water in a roasting pan (about a quarter of the way) .
- Bake for 55-70 minutes until the cheesecake is set around the edges and slightly loose in the center. Tent the top of springform pan with aluminum foil if it start browning too quickly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and set on a cooling rack to cool. Remove aluminum foil and refrigerate (at least 5 hour or overnight).
- When the cake is completely cooled run a thin knife around the edge and release the ring of springform pan than transfer the cake on a serving plate.
- On a medium heat bring heavy cream to boil. Place half of the milk chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate) in a heatproof bowl and pour the cream over the chocolate stir until the chocolate is melted completely. Add remaining chocolate and stir until it’s melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. The ganache should be pourable but not too thin.
- Spread the ganache on top all over to the edges and let it drip down the sides. I suggest you to do this in two layers to avoid the ganache run down too much and cover the whole edges of the cake. Also if the ganache won’t drip enough you can slightly reheat the second batch and drizzle it with the spoon. Let the ganache set slightly than sprinkle with chopped peanuts and pile with coarsely chopped Reese’s.
- Set in the fridge until ready to serve.
This article and recipe adapted from this site