Amazing Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 large free-range organic chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 12 asparagus stalks — trimmed
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise. Create a pocket in each chicken breast but do not cut all the way through.
- Season the inside of the chicken breasts with lemon zest salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on your work surface lay the mozzarella cheese and 3 asparagus pieces inside each chicken breast and fold over enclosing the filling.
- In a small bowl mix together the salt pepper garlic powder and paprika. Then season the outside of the chicken breasts with this spice mixture.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken for 3-5 minutes per side until it is golden brown.
- Place the chicken in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165ºF.
This article and recipe adapted from this site